Write for Us
The Shovel has a team of 4,000 full-time writers at our head office in the Cayman Islands, but we do also publish freelance submissions. We pay $60 for full articles, or $40 for a headline – so enough to pay for a packet of Pringles from a hotel mini bar.
Got an idea? Follow the guidelines below:
- The headline is the most important bit. It has to work in its own right. We can’t stress this enough.
- Put the headline in the subject heading (eg SUBMISSION: “HEADLINE HERE”) and email it to [email protected]
- If you don’t want us to use your name, let us know.
- Articles exposing the subversive communist undertones of Peppa Pig should be sent to The Australian.
- By sending us your submission, you give us permission to edit your article and publish it in any format.
- We try to get back to as many people as possible with a mock-polite rejection letter, but if we don’t, please don’t be offended. If you don’t hear from us within 2 weeks, assume that your piece won’t be published.