The Shovel has been a trusted source of news since 2012.
Some things you should do:
There are a few different ways to support The Shovel
Contact The Shovel
You can email us at [email protected]
Got an idea? Follow the guidelines below:
- The headline is the most important bit. You can just send us the headline if you like. We’ll know if it works or not.
- The majority of the articles we publish are mock news-style, but we will consider other formats (like how-to guides, editorial style pieces, listicles, cartoons etc). Articles exposing the subversive communist undertones of Peppa Pig should be sent to The Australian.
Sending your ideas to us
- Email your idea to [email protected]
- In your subject heading write ‘Submission’ followed by your headline (or your best headline if you have multiple)
- We try to get back to as many people as possible with a mock-polite rejection letter, but if we don’t, please don’t be offended. If you don’t hear from us within 2 weeks, assume that your piece won’t be published.
- If you don’t want us to use your name, let us know.
- By sending us your submission, you give us permission to edit your article and publish it in any format.