Siri Replaced By Bono

bono iphone

Users of Apple’s new iPhone were today surprised to find the well-known personal assistant, Siri, had been replaced by an aging, slightly annoying Irish man wearing a pair of orange sunglasses.

Apple this morning confirmed the added feature, which it had kept under wraps until now. “We’ve pre-inserted Bono into half a billion new iPhone devices, as a gift to Apple fans,” Apple CEO Tim Cook said today, explaining “It’s one of the reasons we had to go with a slightly bigger phone”.

The new feature has already caught many people by surprise. Sydney man Greg Blackwell said when he asked Siri for today’s temperature, he was shocked to hear a small, slightly smug voice that said, “We can’t fix all problems. But we must fix the ones we can”.

When he later asked for directions to a friend’s house he was told, “I’m just a guy from Dublin, trying to save the world”.

Sarah Adam-Jones from Adelaide said she thought her new phone was broken. “I asked for recommendations for a local bar, but instead I got a lecture about Africa”.

For breaking stories, follow The Shovel on Facebook and Twitter. Or sign up for email updates at the bottom of this page.

1. Tony

September 19, 2014 at 8:34 am

Well that explains a few things. I just switched on to a Christian music radio station and my phone commented, “Christians are hard to tolerate; I don’t know how Jesus does it.”

• Joe biden

September 20, 2014 at 3:07 am

Love it — so true. I am a pastor btw!

• Bruce

September 26, 2014 at 9:57 pm

I am an atheist and I still like it. Does that mean I will go to hell?

2. Maybe Satire

September 19, 2014 at 9:59 am

Rock idol and Technology idol together. I am feeling over the moon at your splendid news – just one more reason to be inducted into the cult of Apple.

I would write more but I am 10,123rd in the queue at Apple store – and I think the queue is moving. It’s essential I get a new iPhone – I’ve had my last one a whole year – how can I have lasted so long – thank you, Apple, for always giving me chances to buy new products – maybe this one won’t break?

• HonestMike

September 20, 2014 at 11:41 pm

I bet it’s been a long while this Hewson fellow has done anything remotely ‘rock’ enough to be an ‘idol’…
      Is there such thing as an ‘MOR idol’?

• Maybe Satire

September 22, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Hey! If I think technology like Apple is of idol quality then surely I can call Mr Hewson an idol – and he was also an idol politician when he was Leader of the Opposition.

3. Tom

September 19, 2014 at 12:19 pm

I think Sir Bob Geldof would be better. “You want what to know what you little bleeping bleep. Bleep off.