Budget Outrage To Last 9 More Days

federal budget outrage

Australians will be furious about the recent Federal Budget for nine more days, and then go back to watching The Voice.

The news will come as a comfort to those who have been unwittingly caught up in a discourse about the future of their country in recent days.

“It’s tiring worrying about all this stuff,” Margaret Hollingsworth, a project manager from Adelaide said. “With House Rules, The Voice and Masterchef all running head-to-head, I’ve got enough on my plate.”

For breaking stories, follow The Shovel on Facebook and Twitter. Or sign up for email updates at the bottom of this page.

1. Grace Gorman

May 19, 2014 at 8:52 am

You reckon? What an insult. The Shovel has a big question mark over it’s own head now.

• Krispy bacon

May 20, 2014 at 6:46 am

Grace, I can’t decide if your comment is also satirical or if you are new to the genre? But then maybe that’s the point, the best satire is so subtle one can’t tell the difference? Perhaps the whole federal budget is just a brilliant piece of satire and everyone will continue laughing at me not getting the joke for nine days until the real budget comes out (the nice one) on mock the week?

• Maybe Satire

May 20, 2014 at 10:52 am

I agree 9 more days! How can the Shovel dare accuse us of so little apathy! I give it 5.

2. James

May 19, 2014 at 9:31 am

Abolish elections, and simply have the leaders of the major parties compete in the finals series of MKR.

• Tez

May 19, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Best suggestion I’ve heard all year; even I would watch that and I hate all the bloody reality shows. Bring it on!

• James (another one)

May 20, 2014 at 12:03 am

I think gladiatorial combat would get more viewers, and be far more satisfying, whoever wins, or loses. I’m pretty sure they’d all fight dirty though…

In fact, I think I’d almost consider paying to watch Cory Bernardi and Adam Bandt fight to the death, but I think I’d still be a bit disappointed if either one survived.

• Maybe Satire

May 20, 2014 at 10:55 am

I was watching a show that seemed to imply jousting was back – maybe we could test our politicians with lances? But maybe a bit cruel on the horses.

3. Marty fiedler

May 19, 2014 at 10:49 am

Id say a question mark thats nine foot high, painted in yellow with pink poka dots with baloons and streamers Grace, maybe google the definition of “satire”? Could be your word for the day

4. Johnny Green

May 19, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Nine days! That’s outrageous. MH370 had people distracted for at least a fortnight and that had nothing to do with beer. I know some people that still find it difficult to watch Bondi Vet.

5. Chris Jowett

May 25, 2014 at 9:34 am

You are all ridiculous. If our politicians are to compete for office on national television it should be “It’s a Knockout!”