Melbourne Man Trips Over His Banjo, Accidently Writes Next Mumford & Sons Album

Mumford and Sons

He’s only been learning the instrument a week, but when Melbourne man Jeremy Knight tripped over his banjo in the hallway yesterday he quite literally stumbled across musical stardom, unintentionally penning the entire third studio album for British band Mumford & Sons.

Knight said he was as surprised as anyone by the sequence of events. “It was late, I was a bit pissed and I was trying to find my way down the hallway to the toilet. I tripped over my banjo and set off this awful, monotonous clang that seemed to keep on going and going.

“To make matters worse, when I fell on my face, I let out this yell – a kind of wailing sound I guess you could say. It was all a bit embarrassing really”.

Luckily Knight, who is just nineteen, captured the whole incident on his iPhone. When he later uploaded it to Facebook, Mumford & Sons’ record label got in touch immediately. “They loved it. They said they’re going to release it pretty much as is,” Knight explained.

Want even more satire? Follow The Shovel on Facebook and Twitter.

1. Wrenfoe

July 10, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Yes! Yes & Yes!

2. Gen. Knowledge

July 20, 2013 at 10:38 am

Reminds me of The Onion. Well done.

3. Owen Tierney

July 21, 2013 at 10:38 pm

Jealousy is a funny thing ,it doesn’t matter what you say the kids love Mumford and Son,they have come up with a formula that works as their sound is hugely popular world wide . Whether or not it is technically brilliant music is not the point,more that they come across as ordinary down to earth guys with no agenda or aspirations to be virtuoso musicians,who play music that they enjoy and their enjoyment and enthusiasm is a big part of what makes them so popular. I can remember the Beatles being critizised in much the same way as the above ,and now they are in the history books,not that I am making a comparison between the two,more an observation on the popularity of the two bands in their respective times.

• pbshort@hotmail.co.uk

August 19, 2013 at 10:02 pm

no, that was a comparison!!!! i don’t care if they’re not “virtuoso”, i just think it’s all style and zero substance.

4. Tone

July 23, 2013 at 8:12 am

The banjo player from Mumford & Sons must’ve had his lessons from the same dude that gave John Butler his guitar lessons. Would it hurt either of them to learn more than two riffs?

• ed

August 22, 2013 at 4:45 am

yep, you definitely don’t play any instruments

5. bertiebeethoven

July 23, 2013 at 8:25 am

Reblogged this on bertiebeethoven.

6. Pingback: Report: Mumford & Sons booted from Clermont | News To Me with George Mathis